New memeber from NH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FCHASE

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I found this forum while I was looking for a resolution to my leaky 29 gallon hex freshwater aquarium that I have owned since I was 10 years old (28 years). This aquarium has always had water and fish in it since I received it as a Christmas gift from my Grandmother. Two weeks ago it started leaking.

I intend on repairing the aquarium, but in the meantime I purchased a new 55 gallon setup.

I do not like the "pressed board" stands, so I am going to make a stand myself. I have hunted around for plans, and found a few. But a lot of the plans show 2X4 construction with the fasteners in shear :confused:, not a great idea (2X4 construction OK, hardware solely in shear..not okay). I plan on coupling some of these plans with ideas of my own to achieve well built stand.

Hey if it is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

Anybody out there with some plans for a 55 gallon stand, I would be interested in seeing them. You can never have too many options. Or finished photos of your stand would be nice.

I also want to make this aquarium more ornamental, in order to catch the kids eyes. So I am trying to figure out a suitable rock media color. My son likes black, my daughter likes an African Cichlid tank (white rock). Light green really brightens the tank up a bit. So this debate will be open for a few weeks I guess.

Any suggestions....feel free to chime in.

Back
Top Bottom