New Pet Owner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Krusty56

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, Hope this is the right area for my introduction. I have 2 dogs, hermit crabs, a fish aquarium, and feed all stray cats in the neighborhood, even feed our resident mole! I have an exciting new addition to my tank, found them by accident in the store, never imagined I'd have them...what are they? Red claw crabs. The store told me they would be fine in freshwater with aquarium salt but I found out later they actually need marine salt. So far, have solved how to maintain their environment. I have been occupied with feeding stray cats, now we have a favorite and he's been in our house overnight when its cold. He has had a flea bath, we provide him with real tasty food, has bed and litter box. Daughter wants to give him to a friend but I would rather keep him. I am hoping her friend changes her mind about adopting this cat. My dogs are: one senior beagle and the second was a pound adoption/cruelty case, 2 years old, german shepherd mixed with husky and maybe wolf? I have worked with her extensively and she now has learned she can trust me, has become my new best friend. Her behavior is fine and I have taught her words and commands, but its risky walking her when she sees other dogs, I still walk her every day. If you count family as pets, there are three LOL. I will be asking many questions, especially about my aquarium and tankmates. Hope there are others who own red claw crabs, I need to know more about them. Thanks for reading all this!:fish2:

Back
Top Bottom