New salt water tank going well.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ztirf954

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am new to the hobby and loving it. I have a 30 gallon tank containing a true perc clown, gold sleeper head gobby and a lawn mower blenny. Everything so far has gone great. I added the fish one by one over the past 3 months. The only problem I've had was with nitrates. I've been adding a calcium buffer to help maintain the nitrates and PH levels. My nitrates are still higher than I'd like them to be. I'm looking for any tips on how to lower the nitrates other than regular water changes. Any tips? :)

To lower the nitrates you just need to do more water changes! And could we see some pics of the tank and especially of the sleeper goby? I know one member on here that would love to see it... Lol

Thanks for the advice! And Sure. I'll post a video of it soon! I just joined today awesome site. Ill try and upload a picture from my phone asap:)

There is always feeding less and running macroalgae in a refugium/sump. Also if you are not running a skimmer then adding one might help.

Thanks you Kieth. Hopefully I'll see my nitrates go down this week. Also thinking about buying a skimmer just not sure which ones work well for 30 gallon tank. They had some cheap ones for about $100 bucks. Just don't want to buy a cheaper crappy skimmer. Any advice?

As far as skimmers go you get what you pay for. My advice if you get one is to buy a good one the first time. Many will tell you of buying a cheaply made one & then having to upgrade later. Get one that is rated for at least twice your tank size. You can always use it later on a bigger tank, and we all want a bigger tank eventually lol. Good luck, keep us posted. :)

I'll make sure to go big or go home :p This site is the **** haha I'm glad I joined. I get multiple responses so quickly. Thanks for all the help. I'll have videos and pictures up soon!

Hey Nunu I added some pictures to my profile including my goby you wanted to see. Unfortunetly it is very elusive and quick so phone camera quality isn't the best :p if you notice anything unsual with my fish or LR let me know :) tips always welcome!

Back
Top Bottom