New saltwater lover :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sarzG

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Heya all! Im an aussie setting up my first saltwater tank, had tropicals for year but never delved into marine until now! In the process of buying skimmers, powerheads, leds etc so Im searching and researching trying to work out whats best to buy any advice is greatly appreciated.I dibt have a lot of choice locally so Ill be buying most gear online ..I have a 720ltr (190g) tank and a 650mm (2ft) sump due to cabinet restrictions...:)

Sent from my SM-G900I using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Buy a ton of dry rock seed it with 10% live rock.
powerheads
leds
protein skimmer
heater
RO system at least RODI if you can

For Leds the taotronics LED panels on amazon are the best bang for you buck out there for a reef. dimmable with two color channels, blue and white. each fixture will cover 2 ft of tank and will grow most anything. (y) Welcome to AA!

Sweet thanks Fatboyfish...can you reccomend a brand of skimmer for my size tank?? Aqua One seems to be the rage here at the moment but im hesitant from previous exerience... so do you think if I have enough seeded dry and live rock I wont need a cannister filter as well? Ill check them out Dallascowboys16 cheers :)

Sent from my SM-G900I using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom