New Softwater Cardinal Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wozza

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi Everyone,

I currently have a Juwel Lido 120, which i have converted to a mini Reef.
I removed the Internal filter and added a deltec skimmer and an ehiem ecco canister.
My coral is doing well, however suffered two white spot attacks which wiped out my fish. I was the cause, ( Adding a Regal Tang, Tank too small right?)

Anyways, after many losses, i am going to start again with a softwater amazon planted tank. Im pretty much going to fill it with Cardinal Tetra.
My Tap Water has a high PH so i was going to dilute it with RO. Any tips or advice for this set-up is more than welcome!

I'll look forward to your replys.

Welcome to the site!
I would post your questions in the FW sections, as a lot of the gurus don't check this thread.

Welcome to AA! It is better to have stable ph rather than trying to change it. What is your actual ph reading?

Ph

Welcome to AA! It is better to have stable ph rather than trying to change it. What is your actual ph reading?

Thanks for your replies, The PH in my tapwater is 8.3 - 8.5 Its high for cardinals. Although i once kept Cichlids and they thrived, Messy fish though.

Back
Top Bottom