New tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
K & thanks well I just got a 36 gallon tank and my tiger barbs Ben acting funny sitting in 1 spot its Ben 4 days 1 of em died to day they were in a 10 gallon tank be for they were doing find

GoldieLocks1 said:
Welcome to AA. Just wondering whether you cycled the tank?

Yea for 6 hours my betta is find and 1 of my other fish is to it's just the barbs they Ben eating to but not moving

Normally cycling can take up to 4 weeks. The cause of the barbs lifelessness might be because they are stressed from the move and lots of ammonia. Hopefully someone will chime in soon because I don't want to be telling you something wrong.

Have you tested your water? The most recommended kit is the API Master Testing kit. It tests for Ammonia, Nitrites, Nitrates and Ph. In the first place I would suggest a 50% water change, that will bring down any ammonia and/or nitrites you have in the tank (these are both pretty toxic for fish). Also as an aside how many Tigers do you have in there with the betta?

Back
Top Bottom