New tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The dobster

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi I've had my 28 gallon tank for about 2 months now I have 4 mollies 4 swordtails 2 clown loch 6 neons 6 zebra dannios 2 dwarf gourami 2 paradise fish 6 tetras 4 guppies 3 Cory's is this yo many fish for my tank advice would be nice many thanks

Hi I've had my 28 gallon tank for about 2 months now I have 4 mollies 4 swordtails 2 clown loch 6 neons 6 zebra dannios 2 dwarf gourami 2 paradise fish 6 tetras 4 guppies 3 Cory's is this yo many fish for my tank advice would be nice many thanks
Hi welcome to AA!

Hate to say it, but you're tank is highly highly overstocked. Even with half of those fish you would be over stocked. Some fish aren't compatible either, like the two dwarf gouramis. Either upgrade to a 60 gallon or more, or remove most of these fish.

Remember not to take anything we ever say in here the wrong way. We're only trying to help.

Thanks for the advice didn't think I had that many in there looking at it sometimes it looks bare the tank is peaceful and the gouramis don't fight I'll try to down size what would you suggest I get in the future for my tank.

Yes, you are Definitely Overstocked. Its really in there best interests that you rehome or take back half of your fish. The clown loachs being first on list as they get gigantic.

Im guessing you're now having problems and that's why you've posted? Have you lost any fish to date?

Get in the future, what do you mean, for that tank? You have too many fish for it as it is so i wouldnt know where to begin.

Last edited:
Lost one clown loach as soon has we put it in that's all I've posted on here because the wife and I are disagreeing on the tank ( and to be honest I think she is right) I jumped in at the deep end and thought I could buy loads of fish and put them together but finding out that I can't .

Lost one clown loach as soon has we put it in that's all I've posted on here because the wife and I are disagreeing on the tank ( and to be honest I think she is right) I jumped in at the deep end and thought I could buy loads of fish and put them together but finding out that I can't .

Oops it's a sad day when your wife finally gets to say i told you so.

I would keep 2 groups of 6, a gourami and the corys. Maybe swap the other fish for a couple more of the same species of corydora.

Im not keen of mollys or guppies so would choose the tetra over them but its obviously your tank, your fish and your choice.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice will be making a trip to the fish shop tomorrow to take a lot back shall read up before buying in future.

Back
Top Bottom