New Tank Seeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

harrislee79

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone this is my first thread so please be kind.I have just set up a new additional tank which is 200 litres. I have squeezed 2 of my established filters in the new tank (as they did not fit my new filter), I have added 1 half of the gravel from my established tank over the top of the new gravel, added nutrafin cycle and have put half of my Cirax bio rings in with half of the new bio rings for my new filter (Fluval U4).
My question is have I seeded the tank enough and how long will it take to cycle? Added some Gourami from my other tank for my ammonia source. And lots of live plants from my established aquarium to help the cycle along.Currently: 6.8 PH, 0.50ppm Ammonia, 0 Nitrite, 0.5ppm Nitrate, after 24hrs of running, water is clear, temp 79f.
I know Rome wasn't built in a day; but your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Harris

:welcome: to AA! (y)

I'd say you've done all you can. For future reference, the filter media should be enough... Though the extra little substrate should help. I'm not a fan of those insta cycle stuff ... So I'll say give the media a month to completely seed your new filter.

Back
Top Bottom