new territory

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

copper

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, I'm a new member to this site; but a long time aquariast. I own many tropical tanks presently ranging from 70 gal. to 10 gal. All of them aquascaped. I recently started planning how to build out a very unusual tank. Its dimentions are 48in. x 60in x 18in. Im estimating this tank at 225 gal. I believe I am ready for discus fish, 12 discus is my estimate. Because it will be planted and odessey doesnt make a light that large, Im planning on using a hydroponics sun lamp that rotates. Does anyone see any immediate problems with this? thanks, Copper

Welcome to the site. I'm a saltie so I can't really give any feedback. I just wanted to say welcome. You may want to post your question in the General Hardware/Equipment section.

Welcome to AA! I do keep discus and as long as you make sure the tank is well cycled before adding discus, I don't think you will have a problem. Make sure the discus have hiding places to escape from the light.

gracias

As you can probably tell, I've not learned to maneuver this site like a pro yet!

Wow ! -- I am a newbie...period. And that question just blew me away and shattered what little confidence I've accumulated while on this site. Good Luck with that massive project and welcome to the site. I can tell you (from personal experience) that if it is information you want - you came to the right place. The people are way cool, know their stuff and really care.
P.S. Are you required by law to have a lifeguard for a tank that big?

Back
Top Bottom