New to AA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yoter

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, there!

I am not new to the hobby and think this started as Tropical Resources, of which I was a member.

Anyway, I have a 90-gal tank that's established. I had 4 clown loaches, 1 yoyo loach, 5 rams, 1 angel, 2 rainbows, 1 bristlenose and 1 regular pleco. My clowns and the yoyo were with me for 10 years and I'm sad to say that something went awry when I went away for a week as I came back to distressed fish. I lost 4 of my 5 clowns, the yoyo and 1 rainbow. Will never know what happened, but after a water change things calmed down and the last clown went back to normal. After making sure things were back to normal I decided to add 3 more young clowns as I know they are not solitary fish. My original loaches made it through 3 moves and a severe bout of ich years ago so it was heartbreaking. Anyway, I posted in the unhealthy fish forum b/c I think one of the babies has velvet and need some advice. They were all so healthy for so long...

I have a service that comes in monthly to take care of the large tank (for personal reasons, don't judge), so I haven't had any problems. I have 2 Rena filters, a heater/filter combo and also a UV filter along with 2 air bubble sources.

I also have a 5-gal with a betta, that actually acts as a hospital tank when needed. I am caring for my sister's 20-gal with 5 tetras until she can take it, and I also have a 450-gal pond with "rescued" fair goldfish that range up to 13" or so, now.

Also have cats, a dog, 1 horse and 2 ponies (1 of which will be adopted by the person who's housing them).

Teri

Back
Top Bottom