New to AA and fish keeping, but the tank I have is NOT NEW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mariovincent

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everybody! Names Mario.
I very unexpectedly inherited a 10 gallon tank(maybe more, but I think thats how much is in it now) from a distant relative who just moved to China. The tank contains two goldfish I was told that were about 2 years old. They look pretty happy, but the tank does not. I am hoping to be brought up to speed accordingly because I currently am available to put a large amount of time and effort into this & naturally I want the best for these little guys but I know NOTHING about taking care of any kind of fish. Its already amazing they survived an hour and a half ride on the grandcentral parkway from queens to long island. I set them back up here, but the tank is pretty dirty. The only things I do have are salt for mixing, a hydrometer, food & ammonia test kit... Hmm what else, the filter is an aquaclear 30 and theres about 5 dirty looking rock things that may have been alive at one point. The bottom of the tank is filthy though, thats kind of my main concern, the waterchanges second, I just wanna make sure I dont kill anybody in the process of improving their living quarters. So, any advice is welcome, while I snoop around for some info, thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom