Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-12-2012, 05:32 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
New to AA & the Hobby

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the world of fish. Late last year, about 6 or 8 months ago my husband took my son and got him a 20 gallon tank with a few fish. A few weeks later I went with them to get fish and got my first two dwarf frogs and 2 ghost shrimp. I could not believe how interested in the hobby I was after just one trip to the fish store! I came home and started researching fish. Now, six months later my 4 year old has lost interest but I can't get enough of it! We have a 60 Gallon Tank, its about 4 feet long and a few feet tall. I got it on sale at petsmart. I am obsessed. I go to Petsmart everytime I am running errands, even if I don't buy anything, I am always looking for new fish to get in the future!! I still have lots of questions and make tons of mistakes... adding too many fish at once... cycled new tank with fish, but only lost one during the process...

My main concern right now is what I should do about my neon tetra situation. I bought 9 and 7 have died. I have two in my tank and think I am going to take them back to the store. They are so cute and my daughter picked them out, should I get cardinal tetras instead? It sounds like they may be hardier.

I am also wanting to get some ROsy BArbs but am afraid of how big they may get.

I know I am probably not supposed to be posting all o fthis in the NEw member forum, but I am new to the whole world of online communities. I will find my way around soon hopefully. Thanks in advance for all of the advice!!

20 Gallon Frog Tank- 4 ADFs, 3 Mystery Snails, 2 Ghost Shrimp
60 Gallon Tank- 6 Albino Cories, 6 Peppered Cories, 4 Turq Rainbows, 2 German Blue Rams, 2 Dwarf Gouramis, 2 Neon Tetras, 2 Khuli Loaches, 1 Red Long Fin Tetra
bowsNrams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:50 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Welcome to AA. Sorry I don't know much about neons or cardinals. I have 3 Rosy Barbs, they're a little bigger than my tiger barbs but not too big for a 60 gallon tank.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com