New to AA but not to aquariums.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texascichlidlover

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all this is my first adventure into the world of forums. I have been keeping fish for almost 20 years now ( all freshwater). I have searched this site many times and have sound some neat tricks and helpful advice thanks to all of you. Although i have had alot of fun with fw i am interested in starting a 40 breeder with fowlr saltwater aquarium. I have done some looking but have not found a clear cut path. Can anyone help me out. I am thinking 60 lbs of live rock, sand, 2 HOB filters, lights, heater, and salt. but i am sure i am missing somethings..........oh patience!! anything else.:eek:

Welcome to AA! I've heard a 55 breeder is a good starting tank. More water is always more forgiving. 1.5 lbs of rock per gallon is a good thing for a reef. Weight isn't as important as surface area. Check out marcorocks.com. Got my interest. Take your time with your rockscape planning. Consider dry base rock and seeded live rock combinations. And read our artcles section on sw fishless cyling.

Back
Top Bottom