Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-17-2013, 08:43 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh0818 View Post
Welcome to AA! Glad you found us!

I would first cycle your tank before adding any fish. Here is a link to fishless cycling
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/the-al...ing/Page1.html
Things your definitely gonna need are an API freshwater master test kit, pure ammonia, and quite a bit of patience!

After your tank is cycled properly, you can look into which fish you want. You have to decide if you want a nice community tank or a cichlid tank or what. We have quite a bit of great advice to get you started here!
Well right now I have school of tiger barbs and other species of barbs. I really like the barbs and tetras. Do you know if I can have both species together. I've had some advise me not to put the two species together, and some say I can have both if I have plenty of cover. I bought a book titled tetras and barbs, but it doesn't really tell me which species of tetras I can have with different species of barbs. I love the both and can't really find any advise from aquarium store, most time they just tell me what ever will get me to spend money. I am a sucker at the fish store.

Old 08-18-2013, 03:22 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephanieCaskey View Post

Well right now I have school of tiger barbs and other species of barbs. I really like the barbs and tetras. Do you know if I can have both species together. I've had some advise me not to put the two species together, and some say I can have both if I have plenty of cover. I bought a book titled tetras and barbs, but it doesn't really tell me which species of tetras I can have with different species of barbs. I love the both and can't really find any advise from aquarium store, most time they just tell me what ever will get me to spend money. I am a sucker at the fish store.
Im not sure on that. Most tiger barbs get a bit aggressive and neons are pretty peaceful fish. Thats why they shouldnt be together. As for co2 systems. Its expensive. Around 4 to 600 $ plus then you need to upgrade your light so another 159 to 200

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com