New to AA, new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ThePerfectionist

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Greetings!

In my 20s (20 years ago) I had a 28g fw tank with assorted community fish (guppies, serpae tetras, neons, etc) given to me by my grandfather. My wife and I have decided to try our hand again but she has never owned or maintained an aquarium so we're going to start small and slow. I bought a 10g glass starter kit and it has just completed the initial cycle. We will be adding fish soon. We went to our LFS and window-shopped and she took a liking to the dalmation mollies and golden platys, so I imagine they will be our first test subjects, along with a pleco.

It has been so long since I have done this I am open to all advice and will be reading voraciously to catch up on 20 years of advancements.

Thanks!

Perf

Hi there, and welcome to AA! Best advice in the hobby is to be patient! Take your time researching the fish you want and set up your tanks to fit what you'd like to keep. Looking forward to see what you come up with.

Hi, and welcome to AA! :welcome: I, also, am a former aquarist (also 20 years ago), and I have found that the knowledge of how to cycle a tank has really improved, and you will not find that information at your lfs. This forum has all the information you need, and you should really take advantage of it. Before proceeding further, be sure to check these out: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...started-check-out-these-resources-154837.html

You will not regret it, and have a great time with your newly rekindled passion, fishkeeping.

Back
Top Bottom