New to all this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pvtdgrif

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all,

I've joined AA as I have just bought a 110L tall tank last week second hand and it had an API FW test kit with it.

Hoping to get some great advice and make some friends that are interested in this hobby.

Welcome to the forum!

You're right on track. One of the smartest things to do when starting out is to get a test kit. Your fish will thank you, believe me... mine all give me High-5s

Thanks I'm going to ask for advice in the FW beginners forum

It's such a shame that lfs don't tell you to cycle your tank! Mine didn't even tell me about bacteria!
You can still get your tank cycled with fish in it though. It's just going to take a LOT of water changes!
I did exactly what you did, and I'm just coming through the other side of the cycle.
Your should hopefully be easier than mine too. I've got 7 fish in a 48litre tank. That's a lot of ammonia!
I was doing 50% water changes, 3 times a day.
My cycle is very nearly finished now, and no fishy deaths :D

Fishies86 said:
It's such a shame that lfs don't tell you to cycle your tank! Mine didn't even tell me about bacteria!
You can still get your tank cycled with fish in it though. It's just going to take a LOT of water changes!
I did exactly what you did, and I'm just coming through the other side of the cycle.
Your should hopefully be easier than mine too. I've got 7 fish in a 48litre tank. That's a lot of ammonia!
I was doing 50% water changes, 3 times a day.
My cycle is very nearly finished now, and no fishy deaths :D

I've edited this thread as I've realised that this isn't the right sub forum I'm posting to the beginners FW forum now if you want to replay there I would much appreciate it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

Back
Top Bottom