New to Aquarium Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbee236

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I have just set up an Aquatop 3.9 gal aquarium. It has a gravel substrate and planted. I have talked to several people in lfs's and everyone gives me different advise. Tank is about 2 weeks old. I did buy three small green tiger barbs on about day 5. They only lived 1 week. :( I did 1/3 water changes every other day. Water was treated for Chlorine/chloramine. Plants are growing well. I have been testing water and yesterday and today, ammonia was negative, Nitrites were 2.0 ppm and nitrates were 5.0 ppm. My question is; Will the tank continue to complete cycle without fish and what do I have to do? thanks, Barbee236:thanks:

Welcome! The link Andrew gave you will help with the cycling questions. A 3.9 gal is really too small for most fish though. You can maybe get away with a single betta or a shrimp tank.

12 litres is too small for most fish:( I too would recommend a male betta. Have a look at them theyre beautiful i think youd like them.

Back
Top Bottom