New to aquariumism!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jatoigue3

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Just to let ya know... I just got a free 55g tank from my fiancées friend and it came stocked with 6 buenos aires tetras, 4 bleeding heart tetras, 2 serape tetras. I just recently added 1 rainbow shark, 3 clown loaches, 3 gold platy's, and 1 baby tiger Oscar....now I am wondering if that was a good idea.... It came with 2 HOB filters but I have replaced them with a Jebao 918...does anyone think that filter would be able to handle that community tank?

Jatoigue3 said:
Just to let ya know... I just got a free 55g tank from my fiancées friend and it came stocked with 6 buenos aires tetras, 4 bleeding heart tetras, 2 serape tetras. I just recently added 1 rainbow shark, 3 clown loaches, 3 gold platy's, and 1 baby tiger Oscar....now I am wondering if that was a good idea.... It came with 2 HOB filters but I have replaced them with a Jebao 918...does anyone think that filter would be able to handle that community tank?

Welcome to AA! Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I see a few problems. Those three clown loaches are going to need a 125g tank , they are slow growers but they do need to be rehomed. That Oscar desperately needs a bigger tank and the amount of waste it produces is massive. That will need a 125 g to itself and it doesn't get on with other fish, I see really aggressive problems with him and the rainbow. He will eat the tetras and platies. So you need to rehome the clown loaches and the oscar. Then I can help you with community stocking.

I forgot to
Mention that I also have 3 bristle-nose catfish! Lol

Back
Top Bottom