New to aquariums, always liked fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aqueons a good brand. I'm sure it does its job. People recommend prime bc it detoxifies ammonia and nitrite. And its really concentrated. 2 drops per gallon

If you contact Petsmart right away they may take the goldies back. IDK what their return policy is, but with any FS it's best to ask them about it asap.
If you can avoid it, why get stuck with 10 goldfish you don't like, that will need 110g tank.
I'm not a fan of goldies either, they're to dirty for me. Plus there are so many
bright beautiful tropical fish, that goldies seem a little boring, IMO. I mean no insult to those that are fans. It's all personal preferance and I prefer tropicals to cold water fish.

Anyway, if it were me, I'd call Petsmart first thing in the morning about returning the goldies.
Also given how dirty goldies are, and the fact that you have 10 of them, you should be doing 90% PWC every day or 50% PWC every 12 hours. Every 12 will be less stressful on the fish.

Good Luck with your new tank, getting it cycled and getting rid of 10 goldfish.

yea i wanna get rid of most of em, but i dont wanna drive all the way to petsmart to return 2.70 in goldfish, maybe i can pawn them off on another person i know thats got a tank, id rather have tropical fish as well.

yea i wanna get rid of most of em, but i dont wanna drive all the way to petsmart to return 2.70 in goldfish, maybe i can pawn them off on another person i know thats got a tank, id rather have tropical fish as well.
Either way is fine, but just in case you can't find anyone to take 10 of them off your hands, you should still call Petsmart to find out if you even can take them back. As my Grandson, who's 10, keeps saying "Better safe than sorry Grandma".

If I'm not being to personal, why on earth would your roommate just go out and buy 10 fish for, your tank? Didn't they ask you what your plans were?
I would have been furious if anyone had done that to me. One fish as a gift is one thing, but 10 Goldfish is more than filling the entire tank. I don't mean to sound harsh about it, but OMG.

Well the night before i asked him if he was gonna get some fish for it, its in the living room so its a centralized tank for the whole house plus he threw down on it as well. I asked dude to get some fish then i read on here about cycling, when i woke up the next morning dude was at work and there were 10 goldfish in the tank. He just made the same mistakes i did, listening to the Petsmart people, they said isnt very much that we couldve got 10 more for that tank. lol wtf i never had time to teach him about cycling

Wtf. They obviously don't know what theyre talking about. Or goldfishs waste output or max size. I mean the fish have to have room to swim.

Wtf. They obviously don't know what theyre talking about. Or goldfishs waste output or max size. I mean the fish have to have room to swim.

They have plenty of room at the moment as there only about 3/4 of an inch long atm but according to the site i looked up they grow to over 10" in length :fish2:

Im about to do my third water change since this happened and im about almost got the water crystal clear. Ill say one thing there very lively. :fish1:

Oh yeah I mean they're good for right now til you rehome them. What kind of goldfish are they exactly? Fancy goldfish (fantails, orandas) or common goldfish or koi?

Ohh those are nice looking. But u wanna do a tropical community?

And a 10" fish does not belong in a 30 gallon tank...lol

Yea i do, my goal is eventually salt water, but i wanna play with freshwater a bit to get my sciences down. How are Koi outside ponds? I wouldnt mind having one or two for the tank once i get rid of these goldfish. I know Koi grow very large, but my goal is also to get a small Koi pond started this winter to be ready for next summer. Yea there a more prettier goldfish then im used to seeing but its still 10 fish that almost all look the same.

Koi get like 1-2 feet. And idk how they do in a tank. They have a different temperature range than tropical fish though. Goldfish are "cold water"
Idk about koi tho since they are kept in ponds

Yea me too, they seem very happy in there. I just walked downstairs to check the tank and feed them. They sure do love food. Alll they do is just hunt for it all day long.

Back
Top Bottom