Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-18-2010, 09:04 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Thank you for the info, I'll look it up and take a read. I usually do a lot of reading before getting any kind of animal but this time I didn't because we went at it so fast.

My small 6 gallon tank with the damsel, I bought "live" shells/sand. Does that help? I'll probably find this out from the section you told me to read, huh?

Also, my lfs did tell me that I could only put a small tang in my 29 gallon tank and that after if grew too large to be in it, I would have to get a bigger tank or sell him back to the shop. I told my husband that until we were ready for a bigger tank that I could just keep replacing the "too big" Tang with a baby Tang each time. Is that bad??

I feel like a first time mom again

capj64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 09:14 PM   #12
AA Team Emeritus

I know. It's being responsible for a life that you bring home and feeding it and nurturing, and all that mom or dad like stuff. I hear ya.

Replacing fish as they grow ain't that easy. With rock work and other fish to disturb, and the stress of new additions, can be asking for trouble. You'll enjoy it more with established fish, patterns, maintenance and all. Trading fish in every time they grow could easily give you bad experiences too.

I'd really consider taking the fish back, cycling with shrimp, and starting to look at gobies, blennies, cardinalfish, chromis, shrimp, crabs, and snails. They'll provide lots of fun I think.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 09:31 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict
Originally Posted by DragonFish71 View Post
Welcome to AA.

Mitchell should be happy, another Saltie
Amen to that.
~ Mitch

Follow my 6G Pico build!
Mitchell0605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 05:52 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict
Welcome to AA.

mgamer20o0 is offline   Reply With Quote

salt, saltwater

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com