New to board

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishqueen13

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all

My name is Shannon, I have been raising and breeding fish for the better part of 20yrs. Anywhere from simple goldfish (who lived for 10yrs and was 15inch when he died) to breeding Oscars for LFS, too keeping a few SW tanks.

Currently I have a 7gal bow front FW tank with 2 LF Red Minors and 2 LF White skirts, tank has been running for about 5yrs with different fish, these current fish have been in here for about 1yr. Till I started this tank 5yrs ago I have never done tetras, I have always done Cichlids (Africans and S. Americans) and Goldfish (I love buying the .12 feeders and proving people wrong that they can live longer than 6months with proper care etc)

And I finally in the last month I regained control of my 19gal bow front SW tank after a poor decision 7yrs ago of what the LFS sold me of a Velvet Damsel.... For 7yrs he destroyed everything I put in the tank with him from fish, shrimp, snails, crabs, coral (soft and hard), starfish you name it, he hated it (even things that were bigger than him and he was 6inch).... Once he finally passed on about a month ago (I didnt have the heart to kill him, and no one would tank him not even the LFS that sold him to me ) I took the time to rearrange the 20+lbs of live rock, did a few good water changes, correct the water parameters etc.... I just put the new fish in the tank on Thursday so far so good.... Lets just keep fingers crossed that it turns out better than last time.

And if you were wondering why only a 7gal and19gal tanks.... Well that's as big as my husband will let me have. Hes not a fish person and refused to let me bring my 200gal reef set up or my 80gal Oscar set up, that are both still at my moms house. :(

bummer :(
no chance of the tanks growing on him, huh? maybe if you get some fish or show him some fish that spark his interest you could work on him a bit....
anyway, welcome to AA!!

Welcome to AA.

My fiance didn't want anything larger than our 29g, now we have an 80g, 55g, 120 and 2 115g (and a bunch of smaller tanks) Explain to him how much fishkeeping helps relax you (while giving him the puppy dog eyes) Worked on mine ;)

LOL show him fish that interest him.... That is how we got stuck with the Velvet Damsel.... That one was his choice.... and also he had a goldfish for a few yrs but no he is not into fish, I have tried. He has even seen my 200gal etc and no spark.... :)

Sounds like a dud to me, lol. My husband don't care much for the fish either which is fine by me except when he takes a notion to do some thing nice like bring home incompatible fish to "surprise" me with...thought that counts right?

Welcome to AA

Back
Top Bottom