new to dwarf gouramis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beanz721

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I got my first dwarf gourami the other day and he looked like he needed a busy so I went back and got another one and as I was floating the new DG the one I already had colors got real bright. At first I thought he was showing aggression but he's not nipping fins or anything just more prominent colors. Any ideas?

They color up when the get over the stress of being moved or put in a new tank. Lots of fish do this. Fancy shrimp do it big time. Their color when they are stressed is really dull and when they're happy their color pops.

Thanx, I kinda thought that's wat it was cause my other fish done the same just not when I added another of the same to the tank

Is it ok to have 1,2 or 3 male dwarf gourami in the same tank? What about mixing pearl and dwarf (all male)?

i have 7 male dwarf gourami's in my tank. they all get along fine. no problems however they were all put in the tank within a few weeks of each other so they basically grew up together. that was about 1 1/2 years ago and they are still doing great. very nice fish and easy to keep i think. good luck. :)

Back
Top Bottom