New to everything!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luke.s

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok, names in the name, I'm 22 and in college, always wanted fish so why not now? Anyways, all I have is an empty 30gal tank! Want saltwater fish but need to do more research! Hence my presence on your forum. Nice to meet u all

Welcome, I'm new here as well but have had aquariums since I was 10, I'm glad your not just plunging head first, and getting advice before. Most pet stores will just look for a sale, so find a locally owned and operated for the most part they want you to be successful, so you'll become a loyal customer for years. I have been lucky and found 2 (in case of emergany and one doesn't have what you need in a pinch go to a chain store in that case.) Another piece of advice cheaper isn't always better, so you may have to spend a little more. Slow and steady wins the race believe me I know it's hard to sit there and look at that empty tank or just 2 fish in it, in the long run you'll be sucessful. Test the water regularly, waiting for fish to tell you something is wrong, is not good. Clean regularly, make a notebook schedular write it down, so you know what's been going on in your tank I even write levels down. Hope you are sucessful, and like me at one point had 7 tanks set up :D

Back
Top Bottom