New to EVERYTHING

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angelh1020

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys .! I've been wanting to start a fresh water fish tank! A little help? I have this giant tank that was given to me but I'm not sure if its a reptile tank or a fish tank. It's has some sort of metal screen as the lid.

Awesome. I recommend researching! It will save money, time, and headaches. For example, when I started out I had a 10 gallon tank and when I went to the fish store I would pick out an appealing fish (I was kind of young too so didn't think of researching fish when I was about 10). I would buy fish that I later found out were not compatible and picked on each other, or needed a larger aquarium than I had. Through the years I got so many different fish, and changed the design numerous times that I wish I started off researching! Personally I love a natural look w/ live plants and manzanita or driftwood, but starting off with decorations and gravel is fine.

Terrariums normally have thinner glass b/c they aren't made to hold water. I recommend leak testing it first before anything.

The articles on AA would help w/ providing basic knowledge of setting up a FW tank. Good luck! :)

Back
Top Bottom