New to Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KirstieMarie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all,

Just wanted to say a big hello to everyone and ask for a lil advice as I am new to fish.
I have just bought my husband a BiOrb, we left it as advice by our local pet shop to leave it filter and heat for a week before we got any fish.
We done this and went and bought are first 3 balloon mollys on Sunday they are still alive :) thank god.
My issues is that i have just found the packet of stress coat & stress Zyme which I have now read was meant to go in the tank before my fish. Is this a big problem? Also can I put it in now that the fish are in the tank?

Hope you can help

Kirstiemarie :)

Welcome to AA
You can put it in now it will be fine. You should use the stress coat or another type of conditioner everytime you do a water change. The stress zyme will help your filter.

That's fantastic, Thank you. Also another quick (daft) question. I have a 30L BiOrb how often is best to clean in and how much water change should I do. I currently have 3 balloon mollies.

Sorry to be such a pain

Kirstie

Back
Top Bottom