New to Forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GazMoor

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi Everyone, I'm Gaz :)
I live in Scotland where the water can at times be too good, but soft which has its own issues with PH fluctuations.

I have been keeping fish now for two years.

I have 3 fancy goldfish (2 fantails and a black moor), all about 5 inches in length (from snout to tip of tail). They live in my 200L corner aquarium and have a 1200lph external canister filter to keep their water dandy.

Never had any issues until I moved house. Now my tank is cycling again which is a total nightmare but getting there. I prefer to do a fishless cycle but this time since I have my original fish they are having to endure the hell of cycling. Using Seachem Prime to alleviate the dangers of ammonia. Although I have goldfish I like to keep them at around 24celcius for the moment to speed up cycling and given that they are fancies they are okay at this temp (for now).

Currently having to do a daily 50% water change due to the ammonia skyrocketing even though they are only getting fed a little once every other day :(
(I had black beard algae in the tank which died during the move and is now white in colour, which I think is contributing to my ammonia issues).

One of my fancies is starting to get very very slight white edges on his tail :-S looks like he was stressed by the move and could be the onset of fin rot :(. Hospital tank set and ready for him if it gets worse over the next few days. Ready to medicate with marcyn.

My big black moor is doing great- it's my big friendly pal and if anything happened to it I'd be gutted so this forum has been invaluable!

Great to be on the forum, done tons of reading and learning from here and am still mastering the hobby. Also very happy to pass on any advice I have to others.

Hope everyone is well!

Cheers for having me!
Gaz :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

(Measurements wrong lol meant 5 inches) :p

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Cheers mate :D

GazMoor

***** My set ups *****

*Goldy Tank*

1 Black Moor & 2 fancy Goldies in a 200L (50gal) aquarium.

1200LPH canister filter.

Planted aquarium.

Back
Top Bottom