New to forum and fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Twofishies

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone I am new to the forum and taking care of fish. We have two betta males in a Dual Betta Hex tank, but after reading reviews and some stuff on here am thinking we need to get a new tank. :facepalm:
The bettas were happy and vibrate to begin with but now they are fading in color and do not swim as much, they stay near the bottom unless it's time to eat. We do not have a heater or a light for them, why I am thinking of a new tank. Also want to know should I switch from flakes to pellet food? Any tips in helping to take care of these little guys is greatly appreciated!:)

Twofishies said:
Hi everyone I am new to the forum and taking care of fish. We have two betta males in a Dual Betta Hex tank, but after reading reviews and some stuff on here am thinking we need to get a new tank. :facepalm:
The bettas were happy and vibrate to begin with but now they are fading in color and do not swim as much, they stay near the bottom unless it's time to eat. We do not have a heater or a light for them, why I am thinking of a new tank. Also want to know should I switch from flakes to pellet food? Any tips in helping to take care of these little guys is greatly appreciated!:)

+1 on upgrading. Preferably 5gallon each! :) and a slow current filter and also a heater set at around 80F just remember raise the temp slowly, 1-2 degrees every 12 hours. And yes switch from flakes to pellets. Flake causes bloating and constipation. Can I recommend hiker bio gold betta pellets? Just remember to soak it for 10mins before feeding 3-4days a week, Frozen bloodworms 1-2days a week then pellet sized unshelled peas once a week (though not all betta eat peas) then leave one day to fast!

Back
Top Bottom