new to forum and hobby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kansei

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all , just started with the hobby , Bought my first 10 gal tank ( fish included)
and can't help just looking at it. It was stocked from a larger (55gal) with left over fish.
I have :
3 black skirt tetra
2 dwarf gourami
2 goldfish( I think )
1 unknown

Welcome to AA!

We can help you with the ID of those fish if you would like.

The goldfish(if that is what they are) will need a larger tank.

We are all here to help, drop on by the freshwater forums and we will give you a hand with the ID of those fish and anything else you need to know.

Hi, welcome to the site. The other issue with the gold fish is that their requirements are very much different then the tropical fish you have listed.

I guess they may not be goldies as they can from the same tank , which also had an Oscar , my friend couldn't keep them in the 55 gal because the two Oscars he already had would eat them , so he keep the three Oscars and gifted the reast to me with the small tank he used as a temp while setting up the 55 gal.

kansei said:
I guess they may not be goldies
are you able to post a digital picture?
as they can from the same tank , which also had an Oscar ,
many people do keep goldfish with tropical fish, it might not be the right way, but it is common

if it was me i would try to sell the goldfish (if that is what they are) and the rainbow back to a Local Fish Store.

then, if you want help picking out appropriate fish to replace them with we can help...

here's a pic of the goldies with a Gourami
img_724519_0_641407c127d9f817925c95108feaa6c0.jpg
[/img]

yep, goldfish alright, they can get to be 1.5-2' long so the will eventually need a HUGE tank or a pond preferably a pond. For now you may want to set up a tank for then that does not have higher temperatures which are preffered by the tropical fish you have.

Wow, that gourami is stunning! i've nevr seen such colour on one of them!

I was thinking of another tank ( already ) , but I may see if my friend would want them for his pond. Thanks Waterpond , I picked the two gouramis for the coloring and the fact that one has straight stripes the other has broken strip with the same coloring.
img_724698_0_fbf0ddd8bcaaa150182dc46263757d30.jpg

Back
Top Bottom