New to Forum-Not the hobby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chopinrockwood

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have been fish keeping for app. 20 years now and have had both salt and fresh water tanks. I had to sell my salt set up 10 years ago due to an auto accident that left me unable to maintain a saltwater set up. My last set up was a 90 gallon African with about 15 assorted cichlids. We just had a major ice storm during Christmas and were without power and heat for 8 days. I have a small battery back-up for power outage, but unfortunately it only lasted about 8-12 hours and I lost all the fish in my tank. This happened on the 22- 29 Dec. and I had no where to take them as my local lfs was closed for Christmas. My greatest loss was a 12" wild caught Frontosa and a 6" Royal Pleco. Right now I have the tank broken down and plan on a diy 3-D rockwall background. I am also building a new stand and hood that will fit in better with my new furniture. I found this site while doing research for both and will be updating each build as I go along.

Welcome. Sorry to hear about your fish loss .
Best of luck with the new projects!

Welcome to AA! :)

Sorry for the losses.

Back
Top Bottom