New to forum, referred by my son!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquariumAddiction

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have had saltwater aquariums for about 32 years and have run every type of setup imaginable with exception of sump system. Very old school. I have a 55 gallon with a 9 year old tomato clown. Just did an major remodel of tank interior and beginning to add some fish. Just added niger trigger. And planning to add another mabe a Flame Angel.

Also, just setup a 10 gallon for fun, probably going with fish and reef, really just to get me back in the reef type tank mode and knowledge base.

I am looking for this forum to educate this old dog to the new tricks available. Goal is to know how to setup a complete ecosystem.

Welcome to AA!Hope you like it here.That Niger Trigger needs a bigger tank from what I've heard but maybe someone with more experience can comment.

Welcome! So, where did your education stop? Sumps with refugiums and/or turf scrubbers seem to be the popular methods of nutrient export, along with protein skimming. How familiar are you with these?

emerald76 said:
Welcome to AA!Hope you like it here.That Niger Trigger needs a bigger tank from what I've heard but maybe someone with more experience can comment.

Not my thread but do you know how many gallons they need? (I might get one)

AquariumAddiction said:
I have had saltwater aquariums for about 32 years and have run every type of setup imaginable with exception of sump system. Very old school. I have a 55 gallon with a 9 year old tomato clown. Just did an major remodel of tank interior and beginning to add some fish. Just added niger trigger. And planning to add another mabe a Flame Angel.

Also, just setup a 10 gallon for fun, probably going with fish and reef, really just to get me back in the reef type tank mode and knowledge base.

I am looking for this forum to educate this old dog to the new tricks available. Goal is to know how to setup a complete ecosystem.

Welcome, a flame angel would be happy in a 55. They have great colors.

Welcome to Aquarium Advice, where newbies meet experienced aquarists! I hope you will have an enjoyable time learning from the countless years of freshwater, saltwater, and brackish tank experience!

Back
Top Bottom