New to group

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bridgitt

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi Everyone, There are some interesting tanks here. I'm also new to this and am using my smaller projects to graduate to larger ones. I enjoy creating ecosystems. The ecosystem shown in the photos is doing well. The Betta named "Lipstick" is making bubble nests, the snails are reproducing, the shrimp scurry about from top to bottom and the plants are sprouting new growth on the top as well as the submersed plants; that indicates that all is well.

I'm regularly monitoring the progress and happy with the current results. My latest discovery is that shrimp may eat snails (much to my surprise). I'm not sure but have noticed the presence of something dark in their transparent bodies in the stomach area and there are less snails gliding around as they once had. The snails seem to only surface at night and hide during the day hours to avoid attacks. I've even witnessed the shrimp making a grab for Lipsticks tail.

I love my observation moments as well as creating this environment for life. Each element were added one at a time over a couple of months time to allow them to settle in; even the plants. Lipstick was the last to have been added. So, that our story.

Hello Bridgett! Welcome :)[
Hello!

In happy to have happened upon this site/group/app.
You have a very nice tank. What's your largest project completed and would you ever consider doing anything "grander"? I'm simply curious.

Regards,
Bridgitt

We will probably get a salt water tank eventually but right now I'm still trying to make my 29G as optimal as it can be. I had a 55G a long time ago but I was completely green and I'm surprised my fish survived back then. I would love more live plants in my current tank but I'm not sure what else I should get.

Back
Top Bottom