Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 09-06-2016, 09:33 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Unhappy New to hobby & Goldfish in trouble

Good evening. I never thought I would be keeping fish, but here I am! Have had one comet goldfish for 2.5 years in a 10-gallon Aqueon tank. Had no idea until last week that it was not the best arrangement! Fish was swimming like one side of its body no longer worked - lays on the gravel struggling for air most of the time. Just when I have given up, it will swim around. May be nitrite poisoning. So I set up a 37-gallon tank, and based on the water readings, decided that the new tank (uncycled) was a healthier environment than the old one. Moved it into the new tank without improvement. Moved it back into the old tank as the smaller size is easier to manage water quality (it's the hospital/quarantine tank). Unfortunately I scrubbed the old tank and removed all of the used media. So I have two uncycled tanks and a fish that ay never recover! I feel terrible. I have a bunch of chemicals/water treatments at my fingertips, but hesitate to do anything else without a clear plan. Feels like a huge experiment.

Indecisive and hesitant!

leosdragyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 03:39 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
Welcome to AA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr tap water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 06:27 PM   #3
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
Hi, welcome - congrats on the new tank
Delapool is online now   Reply With Quote

fish, gold, goldfish, hob, trouble

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com