New to Marine tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

byrnelax13

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have plenty of experience with freshwater fish, have had them my entore life... had been looking to get started on a salt water tank for quite a while and finally got the chance to!

I have read a few books on the topic, but nothing can take the place of my own experience couple with that of others... hence, my joining here.

New Marine tank... 29 gallons with a power filter as well as a protein skimmer. Set up 12/26/08 with several live rocks and live sand. I started out by adding one clown fish (I have a 2 year old daughter, you can figure that one out) have since added a 2nd Clown, an orange spotted Goby, 2 hermit crabs (blue legged) and two peppermint shrimp. Water is testing out perfectly at this point, no issues to report.

wow.....super fast to be adding all of that!!! lol...i agree with the other post.
yikes! good luck! welcome

look into maybe adding Cycle. will help get nitrifying bacteria up. there are alot of other products out there too

Thanks all.

No worries, I knew I was breaking rules adding fish early, but I wanted to experiment. It has really been working out perfectly. Everything appears to be healthy and acting normal. I have since added another live rock that has a cluster of green star polyps which are pretty cool. i'm really looking forward to adding some additional starter coral. I am so hooked on this!

It's extremely addictive; Tell me about it, lol. I'm a humongous tightwad, but when it comes to Reefing....money grows on trees!!

Back
Top Bottom