New to salt water and the site.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Punkroc701

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi new to the site and to Salt Water aquariums. I am in the process of building a tank, I have the wood part together and need to seal it and so forth. I am on here and another site for insites, info, and help. As I build up on it I'll post questions as needed and I'll also try and post pics as the aquarium comes together.

Chris

Thanks guys and the AA comment is kinda funny, then again I have a twisted sence of humor.

I can imagin. I am already looking into diferent DIY projects as well as different types of coral to add to it when I get it up and running.

Multiple Tank Syndrome.. most of us have it. It's a terrible condition where you see a tank and "have" to have it... it'll get the best of you if not treated early on

LOL. Well I am building mine and if it works I will be building a bigger one. It is made out of wood, fiberglass, and acrylic (at least this one is). I like the idea of building them from scratch. Not only does it give me a feeling of acomplishment when I see it work, but it helps me not put way to much money into it. Then again I say that now. We'll see. LOL.

Thanks everyone. As for the MTS I found a guy out here who has multiple tanks in various sizes with equipment he is selling cheap so although I do wantmore tanks (have to get something bigger then this 5 gallon) I don't think I need 2 55G, 1 40G, 3 30G, 2 20G, and 2 10G. lol. Although I am thinking of them anyway just in case.

I'm already workin a deal on one 55. I should get that when I come back to work tonight. If I get it I may try and get a 30 or 40 for another room but the 55 will be my main consern. See how it goes and build off it.

Ok so I have been in the hobby a little over a year now and thought I needed to update a little since I haven't been on here much lately. When I started off I had a 5 gal nano setup. I kept it up and running for a long time befor taking it down. Since then I have went to a 55 gallon and hed it up for about a year as well. Had some learning experiences with it. I am not building on to a 120 gal RR and I like it more then any of the set ups I have had so far space wise. I still miss the small 5 gal and may just set it up again at some point. I need to post some updated pictures aswell. For all the helpful comments I have received in the past I'd like to thank you all for your help. I hope to continue posting on here more in the near future.

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom