Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-08-2012, 05:48 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

New to saltwater

I am new to salt water. I have just started and have an Aqueon 36 gallon bow front with hang on Aqueon 30 filter. I have 50 lbs of live sand and some cured coral and decorative piece from Petsmart. I have just added my first fish. I added 2 juvenile clownfish. It will be fish only and I would like to add the following in a few weeks: flame angel, yellow tang, blue tang, and a blue-dotted goby. I would also like to add a few cleaner shrimp, hermit crabs, and turbo snails. I also need to add a circulation pumps and can't decide between the Aqueon 500 and 700. Any suggestions and/or advice would be great. Thanks

Old 01-08-2012, 06:07 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

hi and welcome to the forum!

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but your tank is way way too small for a yellow or blue tang. The other fish are fine though.

I would go with the 700gph powerheads, better circulation.

Old 01-08-2012, 07:09 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Thanks! If not yellow and blue tangs then what would you suggest in place of them?
Old 01-08-2012, 07:12 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

well, its kinda what YOU like.

Do you want corals cause some fish like pygmy angels can eat them :-(

But if youre positive you wont be getting corals then you can get anything that fits.

Try Aquarium Fish: Tropical Freshwater Fish and Saltwater Fish for Home Aquariums and check out what they have. It will list recommended tank sizes and how difficult they are to keep. Also will list other good info for each fish.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:44 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Welcome, thanks for joining!
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
salt, saltwater

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com