New to saltwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cchamby

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am new to salt water. I have just started and have an Aqueon 36 gallon bow front with hang on Aqueon 30 filter. I have 50 lbs of live sand and some cured coral and decorative piece from Petsmart. I have just added my first fish. I added 2 juvenile clownfish. It will be fish only and I would like to add the following in a few weeks: flame angel, yellow tang, blue tang, and a blue-dotted goby. I would also like to add a few cleaner shrimp, hermit crabs, and turbo snails. I also need to add a circulation pumps and can't decide between the Aqueon 500 and 700. Any suggestions and/or advice would be great. Thanks

hi and welcome to the forum!

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but your tank is way way too small for a yellow or blue tang. The other fish are fine though. :)

I would go with the 700gph powerheads, better circulation.

Thanks! If not yellow and blue tangs then what would you suggest in place of them?

well, its kinda what YOU like. :)

Do you want corals cause some fish like pygmy angels can eat them :-(

But if youre positive you wont be getting corals then you can get anything that fits.

Try Aquarium Fish: Tropical Freshwater Fish and Saltwater Fish for Home Aquariums and check out what they have. It will list recommended tank sizes and how difficult they are to keep. Also will list other good info for each fish.

Back
Top Bottom