New to site...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jam4lyf

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
and very much looking forward to sharing "fish" stories and information with you all. I've been at it for about a year and a half...and my beginning situation is truly a horror story. Long story short, I bought a used 75 gallon tank from someone and it came with a 16" Pacu, 6" Raphael Cat, 4" Blue Loach and a footlong Ropefish. I had NO IDEA what I was getting myself into and the guy I bought it from did me NO favors! Suffice to say, I now have a tank I love and enjoy and my husband is finally able to appreciate it and admits it was worth the hassle :fish2:I love when the kids have friends over and they are very excited and proud to show off our aquarium in the living room!

Looking forward to the lessons I will learn, and the helpful advice I know you all will give :flowers:

Glad to be here, and OMG, have I got A LOT to learn!

Have read through a few postings now, and completely realize the problem I'm having with my 10 gallon (only 1 Oranda in it) is that it has never been cycled! Geez, I had no idea!!! I guess it's my fault because I went to a local pet store "chain", but they don't tell you ANYTHING about getting started and what you need to do...big bummer!! I have been doing 50-75% water changes every few days because his water gets so cloudy...and for sure a couple months ago he had ammonia poisoning and a rush trip to the chain store provided a bottle of something and a frequent water change reccommendation. He's grown so much and our family absolutely LOVES this fish...now I'm wondering what to do with him and how to get his tank healthy...help!! I will for sure start a new post for this as I absolutely want "Stashi's" tank to be healthy for him.

alLexX...my 75 gallon now has 2 Blood Red Parrots, 2 Turquise Severums, a big ol' Raphael Cat (only fish from the original owner left), 5 Tiger Barbs and 6 Albino Barbs. It has been constant now minus the loss of 1 Tiger Barb since the beginning of the year and I'm guessing I lucked out on the whole bacteria thing and the tank cycling. I have only used the "strip" test method and am learning now that if I really want to know what's going on with my tank, I will have to look into a different testing method. It just seemed so confusing and overwhelming when I was dealing with the original tank problems when I got it set up. I spent a small fortune and shed many tears getting it to where it is, however, cruising around articles on here makes me realize I have so very much to learn!!

Back
Top Bottom