new to site :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Craig blomfield

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone, I am new to this hobby and would greatly appreciate any hints and tips on keeping community fish, at the moment I have a 3 ft tank (upgrading to 5ft after Christmas) with 6 clown loaches, 4 silver sharks, 4 T barbs, 3 guppies, a bristlenose pleco and an albino pleco. Its all been set up for 3 months now and have only lost 2 guppies so I must be doing something right :)

Welcome.

Three feet tank? How many gallons is that? My tank is 3 feet across and its only 46 gallons.

Clown loaches get to be about a foot long. 6 of them are going to need something over 100 gallons to keep them happy. Even one of them would need at least a 75 gallon tank. Silver sharks get to be about 14" each... Tiger Barbs should be kept in groups of eight or more to keep them from getting too agressive... Guppies should not be kept in with any of the afore mentioned fish. They are likely to get eaten. Everyone but the guppies are classified as semi-aggressive because they will go after smaller fish.

This tank may work for now, but it wont last much longer. Fish wont grow to the size of their tank; they'll just die before they reach maturity.

Mine is about 30 gallons and will be definatly getting a larger tank in the near future, and keeping this one aswell, at the moment they are all very young so are getting along fine but as I say, I am a beginner and am learning everyday. Thank you for your advice its been a great help .

Back
Top Bottom