new to site

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kimmcannally

Aquarium Advice Regular
First post - quick "hi!" Since I'm tapping this on a tablet :)
Looking forward to meeting everyone and learning new info.
Want to get some rams soon and have never kept them - all info is welcome :)

I think that German Blue Rams need an established tank, so just keep that in mind. :) I believe they are sensitive fish.

Welcome to the site!!!

I think with blue rams you want at least a 20 gallon tank, for a matedpair. I think you'd have better luck with a kribensis which is hardier but you'd be able to have one pair and I think that would be it. Smaller tanks are harder to control water conditions and can be a damper for more sensitive fish.

You could look into nano fish such as celestial pearl danios, chili rasboras, to name a few. These are only suggestions keep in mind. It is your tank and I'm sure you want what's best for whatever you decide to go with :)

Welcome to the site!!!

I think with blue rams you want at least a 20 gallon tank, for a matedpair. I think you'd have better luck with a kribensis which is hardier but you'd be able to have one pair and I think that would be it. Smaller tanks are harder to control water conditions and can be a damper for more sensitive fish.

You could look into nano fish such as celestial pearl danios, chili rasboras, to name a few. These are only suggestions keep in mind. It is your tank and I'm sure you want what's best for whatever you decide to go with :)

I've got a 20 long I could use for the Rams. I'd love kribensis - used to have them and loved to watch them raise their fry. I used to trade krib fry for store credit at a LFS. Now I can't find any locally to get started with them again. :(

I don't know why my signature isn't showing - will work on that now. I have two 55 gallons, a 20 long and a 10 gallon QT.

Back
Top Bottom