Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-10-2013, 10:28 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Thanks so much! I have another question! About feeding! I'm currently feeding shrimp pellets, crickets and the odd goldfish but they are mostly eating pellets. What some foods that will keep them super healthy? I know goldfish aren't the best so I want to stay away from those.
Got a picture of them on my profile if your interested!!

Old 07-10-2013, 10:30 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

As far as the underground filter I dont think that counts much for filtration. HOB and canisters are a matter of preference. I have both kinds and while the canisters are pretty silent I think I actually prefer the HOB for ease of maintenance and cleaning.but thats just me! So youve had exodon tetra before? They arent normal everyday tetra. Theyre very aggressive and actually have sharp pirahna like teeth on the outside of their mouth!!! They stay smaller so they dont require such a big tank as your RBs

Old 07-10-2013, 10:33 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist

Pellets if theyre high quality are fine for piranha. You could occasionally feed frozen food juat for variety. Theres an online forum called piranhafury with a ton of info
Old 07-10-2013, 10:34 PM   #14

I didn't have the buck toothed tetras! I had red serpae.i have seen videos and they are very cool but I am attached to my rbs! I am very willing to upgrade I just wanted to know when. And have tons of questions about them just very eager to learn and I want them to be healthy and live long so I want to give them the best I can!
Old 07-10-2013, 10:38 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piranha3 View Post
I didn't have the buck toothed tetras! I had red serpae.i have seen videos and they are very cool but I am attached to my rbs! I am very willing to upgrade I just wanted to know when. And have tons of questions about them just very eager to learn and I want them to be healthy and live long so I want to give them the best I can!
I like to hear that! High grade pellets with the occasional goldfish/ lizard for treat. I suggest running *both* a canister and hob. Ask away on questions . I would start buying stuff for a upgrade like filters, heaters, stand, decorations, ect.

10g saltwater
cgthebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:41 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthomas View Post
As far as the underground filter I dont think that counts much for filtration. HOB and canisters are a matter of preference. I have both kinds and while the canisters are pretty silent I think I actually prefer the HOB for ease of maintenance and cleaning.but thats just me! So youve had exodon tetra before? They arent normal everyday tetra. Theyre very aggressive and actually have sharp pirahna like teeth on the outside of their mouth!!! They stay smaller so they dont require such a big tank as your RBs
I agree. Under gravels are not good IMO. Your RBs look healthy and very colorful. Those are great signs. Can you post a full tank shot?

10g saltwater
Old 07-10-2013, 10:44 PM   #17

Happy to hear my diet for them is good should I run two filters in the 37g as well? And would it be best when I upgrade to start a brand new cycle? I forgot to mention this piranha aquarium is also my first aquarium!
Old 07-10-2013, 10:46 PM   #18

Posted full tank image thanks so much glad to hear that they are healthy looking I love their colours to! Such pretty fish!
Old 07-10-2013, 10:46 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Happy to hear my diet for them is good should I run two filters in the 37g as well? And would it be best when I upgrade to start a brand new cycle? I forgot to mention this piranha aquarium is also my first aquarium!
Wow, we'll so far sounds like your doing it right. What your current filter? On the new tank, run the old filter on it. You might get a mini cycle, but live plants help and so do water changes.

10g saltwater
Old 07-10-2013, 10:49 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Posted full tank image thanks so much glad to hear that they are healthy looking I love their colours to! Such pretty fish!
Yep, real beauties. I'm happy your able to upgrade, soon that length of that tank won't be enough When they grow a few more inches.

10g saltwater

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« Newbee! | Hello! »