New to Site But Not Fishkeeping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anachrotech

Aquarium Advice Regular
The last aquarium I had, previous to my current, was 35 years ago. Back then we used the corner filters with air stones, carbon, and filter floss. Beneficial bacteria? What's that? :) Tank maintenance consisted of tearing it all down when it became cruddy. Times have changed.
For the past 5 years, I've had a 36g bowfront corner that I do water changes regularly on and just recently bought a test kit. My poor EBJD has spent 9 months in an algae bloom brought about by a lighting fixture change. That's all cleared up now. I was getting close to throwing in the towel after trying many, many methods of getting rid of it. I know my tank will be too small for him soon and I wanted to get a 125g - that was my plan anyway-but my 90 year old mother-in-law moved in.:banghead:. If things don't work out and he gets too large, I may try to re-home him. That may be difficult as he is in remission from HITH that he acquired over a year ago. But he's still very handsome.
It's wonderful to have this site with such an abundant base of knowledge within.

With an algae bloom all you need to do is hook up a diatom filter until it clears up and then leave the lights off for a week or two.

Back
Top Bottom