New to site from Lake Elsinore, California

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As Billbug saggested I am going to look for that Bolivian Ram. Looked it up on the internet and it's a nice looking fish, colorfull as well.
I also looked up the black skirt tetras and they are nice too but I already have two angel fish that are black and silver. Any other suggestions for schooling fish? With more colors?

Thanks!

You are the man, Bill. I followed your suggestion I got 5 black skirt tetras last week and finally got the ram yesterday. They only had one out of three I liked. So I'll wait for the next shippment for the other. I want a pair, but I dont know if I got a male or female. I'll have to find out. The tank is looking much better with plants and rocks. I'll post some pics as soon as I get a chance to download them.

Thanks again !

Yeah, just be careful about paring them up cuz they can get aggressive when they spawn, same goes for the angels as well. Can't wait to see some new pics! :)

I just added a couple of pics of my tank in my albums. I also added pics of my bolivian ram in the fish album.
I got all kinds of plants but I am still not happy. I think it needs more rocks or a big chunk of driftwood. The tank is 32" high.

Everything looks great! Ive been regularly rearranging my tank since February and I just found a look I'm satisfied with! Lol, all your fish look great too, very nice pictures! I just love the faces on bolivians, so cute! I'm jealous now! Thank you for sharing :)

Thanks!
You are jealous? your thank looks better than mine!
I think I definately need some drifwood I think I will order some from doctors fosters

I'm jealous of your fish... Haha I know last time I was in there, this place called Deep Sea Creations in Temecula had some large driftwood. It's off the 79 on Temecula parkway. It's right next to the best buy. Might be better if you can see the pieces in person. I was looking at some of your plants and I'm worried you may have got some non-aquatics... The one on the left with the dark green leaves with white may be silver plant and the on a little to the left of that one, I think it may have long green leaves with white edges? That is called white ribbon or ribbon plant. Goggle it and compare, they are actually house plants... I made the same mistake when I first started buying live plants.

Thanks Bill, I think I also got none acuatic plants. Like the mondo grass. When I went back to petsmart I asked and they are sure they are acuatic, maybe they are just mislabeling. In the picture I circled the real plants, the others are fake.

Attachments

• real plants.jpg
    real plants.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 80
Oh okay, the ones I was talking about are fake plants then... Haha yeah the people at petsmart wouldn't REALLY know... I told the girl at petco and she just kind of brushed it off like oh they should be aquatic plants because they say right on them... :roll eyes: lol

Oh and p.s. you might want to look into some amazon sword, they can get up to like 20" tall and would look great in your tank. Just google amazon sword care for tips. They are fairly easy to care for. Would definitely take up some space and look good with some driftwood! :D

I've got a couple amazon swords that have out grown my 10g faster than expected if you want them. I'm getting new plants later this week.

Attachments

• image-2036056856.jpg
    image-2036056856.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 66
Thanks again Bill. Here is a pic of my tank with the plants. Yours are on the left

Attachments

• image-1863598020.jpg
    image-1863598020.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 63
Back
Top Bottom