Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-23-2011, 02:32 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
New to site, inspired by Ziggy's freshwater corner, my 55 gallon hex project!

Hey all. I am picking up a 55 gallon hex tomorrow, and plan to do a large amount of DIY to make a planted freshwater hex. I am starting a log on this site (Inspired by Ziggy) so without further ado, here it is!

55 gallon planted hex project!

_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 02:38 PM   #2
Dividing by 0
Community Admin

POTM Champion
Welcome to AA!!

Ziggy's tank was certainly stunning, especially for a first planted tank! I am looking forward to seeing how version 2.0 turns out!

EDIT: Your pic/new thread is approved and up now.

fort384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 02:42 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Yeah I really liked reading that thread, it's what made me decide to start my log on this forum. A quick rundown of what I plan to do:

Redo the base to a darker finish (Java instead of honey oak)
Paint trim
Throw away lid
Articulating LCD TV arm mounted on wall to DIY LED lighting fixture to swivel out above open water (I have vaulted ceilings)
DIY Canister

That is before I even get the tank set up! I plan to document everything (for science).
_shift is offline   Reply With Quote

5 gallon, 55 gallon, corner, freshwater, hex, project

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com