Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 09-26-2011, 06:21 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
jwh0818's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Harlingen, TX
Posts: 5,563
new to site, not aquariums

So hey I'm new here and just wanted to see how this place works. I have a 40g planted tank with tetras and an empty 10g with well nothing right now
__________________

__________________
Fluffy's History!
jwh0818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:29 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Galligak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Oxford, OH
Posts: 20,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh0818
So hey I'm new here and just wanted to see how this place works. I have a 40g planted tank with tetras and an empty 10g with well nothing right now
Welcome!!! You'll find that this place is awesome. There are so many options for the 10g!!! What are some ideas of fish you like? Currently I'm on a betts buzz! Also shrimp are another thing I'm loving currently. And there are some dwarf orange crayfish! Sorry I love stocking tanks welcome though
__________________

__________________
Galligak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:42 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
redsea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 8,066
Welcome to the forum! Do you have any pictures?
__________________
Please don't forget about the toxins in some corals (like zoas and palythoas)
180 gallon reef announcement!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMgmb124jrs&t=35s
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:44 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
jwh0818's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Harlingen, TX
Posts: 5,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaKai

Welcome!!! You'll find that this place is awesome. There are so many options for the 10g!!! What are some ideas of fish you like? Currently I'm on a betts buzz! Also shrimp are another thing I'm loving currently. And there are some dwarf orange crayfish! Sorry I love stocking tanks welcome though
Well I do like bettas and I do like shrimp but I also have shrimp in my 40g so I might do a nice looking betta
__________________
Fluffy's History!
jwh0818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:47 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Galligak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Oxford, OH
Posts: 20,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh0818

Well I do like bettas and I do like shrimp but I also have shrimp in my 40g so I might do a nice looking betta
Yes! Here's a picture of my favorite betta, not to bother at all
What shrimp do you have? And I agree with wanting pictures
__________________
Galligak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:56 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
jwh0818's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Harlingen, TX
Posts: 5,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsea
Welcome to the forum! Do you have any pictures?
Currently no. I will post some pics when I take some
__________________
Fluffy's History!
jwh0818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:57 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
jwh0818's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Harlingen, TX
Posts: 5,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaKai

Yes! Here's a picture of my favorite betta, not to bother at all
What shrimp do you have? And I agree with wanting pictures
Ooooo that's a pretty betta. I like those but white ones
__________________
Fluffy's History!
jwh0818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:03 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Galligak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Oxford, OH
Posts: 20,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh0818

Ooooo that's a pretty betta. I like those but white ones
Ahh my mom and I love those ones too! So wish I had one of these plus they can be put with other fish too. Very pretty though!
__________________
Galligak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:13 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
jwh0818's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Harlingen, TX
Posts: 5,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaKai

Ahh my mom and I love those ones too! So wish I had one of these plus they can be put with other fish too. Very pretty though!
I want one like that but with more fancy of a tail
__________________
Fluffy's History!
jwh0818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:43 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Galligak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Oxford, OH
Posts: 20,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh0818

I want one like that but with more fancy of a tail
Well here are some others
Try looking around aquabid. I love stocking that place!
__________________

__________________
Galligak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
why do you like reef aquariums? davidmaguirre Saltwater Reef Aquaria 7 09-11-2011 12:36 AM
Acrylic vs Glass Tanks for larger aquariums 5x5 General Hardware/Equipment Discussion 7 08-19-2011 01:50 PM
A primer on un-filtered aquariums BlackMagic Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started 1 08-07-2011 08:25 PM
New to site and aquariums... joschac2 Member Introductions 6 08-02-2011 12:00 AM







» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.