New to site, step above newbie at aquariums.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StoryTale

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey there.

I've been researching all day for my new tank and browsed these forums so much for advice that I thought I would join. I've always loved fish tanks and had one or two in the past but just got back into things over the past couple of months. So far I have accumulated three tanks, two running and one sitting empty on the porch. :angel: I think I'm stopping with the three but it is so addictive!

Here is a quick rundown of the tanks I have going.

55 gal tank ..
1 - razorback musk turtle
5 to 10 - guppies
5 - neon tetra
5 - green emerald corys

w/ duckweed and some stray bits of Bacopa caroliniana

10 gal tank ..
1 - betta
1 - otocinclus

w/ Bacopa Caroliniana & Cyperus Helferi

I'm excited to *finish* the two tanks I have and to start work on the 30 gal. By finish I mean maybe add another filter and possibly make some sort of driftwood structure in the 55 gal and to try to add some more plants to the 10 gallon and perhaps another tankmate for the betta.

As far as the thirty gallon goes I've been looking at maybe a german blue ram or some a cockatoo cichlid. I'm nervous about them though, so far I've only dealt with 'beginner' fish and I've heard that cichlids need a little more care. With that in mind I've started keeping track of all the water parameters in the 'easy' tanks before I invest in the cichlids.

Back
Top Bottom