New to the aquarium world!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tinnybear

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My children LOVE fish and so when a friend offered a 10 gallon tank, I jumped on it. Well, that tank lasted just a few weeks because I quickly realized that we needed a bigger tank. We now have a 29 gallon tank with live plants, rocks, a stump, and fish. The fish are angels, mollys, tetras, and gouramis. We also have two dwarf frogs for my son and 6 snails. We absolutely love the experience so far. I already want to upgrade tanks but my husband would flip!!

My children LOVE fish and so when a friend offered a 10 gallon tank, I jumped on it. Well, that tank lasted just a few weeks because I quickly realized that we needed a bigger tank. We now have a 29 gallon tank with live plants, rocks, a stump, and fish. The fish are angels, mollys, tetras, and gouramis. We also have two dwarf frogs for my son and 6 snails. We absolutely love the experience so far. I already want to upgrade tanks but my husband would flip!!

The 29 will turn into a 55, the community will turn into Cichlids, the 55 will turn into a 90, the Cichlids will turn into Saltwater, the 90 will turn into 180, the 180 will turn into a pond...

You've let yourself into a world of fishy troubles there ?
Have fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

So maybe I need to go ahead and get the 180 g tank and spare myself the craziness of all the smaller tanks. Haha. Thanks for the response.

I am in the same boat have had my 10 gallon for 2 weeks and want to jump to a 100 gallon and get Into aquascaping. Since you do not have any yet may I suggest a red tail shark. You can only keep one as they can be aggressive but they are beautiful. Luckily mine gets along great with everyone in my tank.

Well this is my current setup.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406816104.730462.jpg

This being the 55 Cichlid tank I was referring to..

And I have to admit, Reefs are looking more and more tempting to me right now.
My mum would kill me if I told her that...

Thank you Zcar! I have seen them and they are beautiful. I'm just waiting a while since my tank is pretty full with fish right now and babies on the way. Do t want to upset the mommas any more than I gave to. Will consider more maybe with a bigger tank.

CCXGT, love the tank. It's beautiful!!

Yes!! Will take a pic tonight. I just added some plants, 1 rock and wood so hopefully all is well when I get home. Still have no babies from my VERY PREGNANT Molly.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406934541.561268.jpg
Here is my pregnant Molly. I took her out of the breeder box because she looked too nervous and I don't want to lose her. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406934637.348675.jpg
This is an old picture. Will show you what it looks like now soon. Really love my tank!! It may not look as amazing as so many of yours that I've seen, BUT love my fish and plants. It's been so fun!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406950427.424967.jpg
Here is my tank tonight. It's looking better.

Love it! I like your hoizontal 29. Mine is 30 tall. See image. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406955504.682513.jpg

Trudging the road to happy ... Aquarium Advice

Red tailed black shark

Although the red tailed black shark is a great looking fish, I really would discourage you from adding one to that tank.
Reasons being that you clearly have a very pregnant balloon Molly, congrats on that I hope all goes well, which is a relatively slow moving fish. You also have gouramis and also angelfish. Both the gouramis and the Molly would have a hard time dealing with the aggression of the mature red tailed shark because they are slow. The shark is also notorious for fin nipping, and it would really be a shame for the angelfish to become victims of that.

Help!!! My tank is looking a yellowish tint!!

I changed water twice this week just to see if it was my water. Not that. Checked everything and it all looks good but still yellow tint. Must be the wood. Yuck!! It makes me kind of sad to look at my tank so blah! How long will it look like this?

Back
Top Bottom