New to the community :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vnessa04

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi Everyone!

My name is Vanessa and I'm new to the forum. I found it because I was looking for some help trying to ID something in my 20 gal FW tank. I have 2 Danios, 1 Platy and 1 Pleco. I also have a TON of snails that I had no intention of ever having, but one MTS was a stowaway on some Java Moss I got from a friend and that's all she wrote! haha! Now that I have them and such a clean tank, I do like keeping them, but I'm going to have to get rid of some as I think there is wayyyyy too many. I heard Puffers are the way to go, so I'm thinking of setting up another tank just for them.

What I was trying to ID were these white sack/pod/leaf-looking things that end up sticking to my filter. They're not completely closed and they look.....almost like somthing was in them. I'll try to grab a pic of them so you guys can get a better view, but does anyone have any ideas off of the top of their head?

Thanks so much! :)
*Vanessa

hello Vanessa :wave:
Welcome to AA.
best thing to do is get a picture of what you need ID'd and post it in the Freshwater General discussion section. the only sack type thing i know of would be a snail egg sack but mts dont lay eggs. maybe if you have apple or mystery snails too?
also most loaches will eat snails too. just make sure it will be sized appropriately to the tank when full grown.
dont forget to get full tank picks too :) we like to see those too

Welcome Aboard
character_17.gif

Back
Top Bottom