Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 10-03-2012, 05:05 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
Originally Posted by Lilmack07
I was also wondering I bought this tank used and ii came with a top fin 20 filter but I had gotten a new one anyways. Would it be ok to use it on my tank as well?
Sure, overfiltering is great, it probably isn't going to have any effect on parameters. You will still be doing water changes frequently until your colony of bb is established in your media. I kinda disagree with this

Originally Posted by Calypso77
You need to be doing 50% water changes every single day. And you need to cut back on what you have.
You'll definitely be changing water every day BUT you might even have to do it back to back. Your Molly's produce big bioloads, as does the Pleco. You wanna do 50% to cut down the ammonia to half of ur reading, so that would have been 2ppm... Then so on till your levels are in a "safe zone"...IMO You should keep doing them until you are AT LEAST down to .50 ppm. It's gonna be much easier on your fish I fish in cycled a lot of my tanks, if done correctly there is zero harm done to the lil guys here is a link for ya, good luck & welcome

Knowledge is power
Jess1ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:52 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict
Just a heads up, you may wanna open up a thread in the freshwater section for more views.

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:33 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak
That makes a lot of sense. Thanks so much! I will also create me a new thread in freshwater. Thank y'all so much for all the advice and welcome to the app )

Lilmack07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com