New to the forum :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DreD

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello~! my name is Dre. I'm 17, and I really like fish. When I was younger my mom was sorta a hobbiest to fish. She had about 50 or so and her tanks were beautiful. They froze to death on our way to Oregon from Oklahoma-except the algae eaters and a couple of these purple fish. We started a new fish tank years later...but when we moved the tank cracked at the bottom (this was my fault. I tried to lift the tank-a 40 gallon tank at the age of 12) and all the water leaked down our driveway. That was a scary moment cause the water was leaking fast! I quickly got two vases and put the baby mollies in one and all the other fish I could in the other. I could't save them all :( I remember trying to rinse the babies from their container cause they got stuck in the holes. I didn't want to touch any of the other fish that didn't make it into the vases...I saved a Cory cat, a diamond Molly, a black Molly, and maybe twenty babies and some other fish that died from shock (I filled the vases up with tap water unknowing what would happen). The mollies eventually died even after transferring them to a new 40 gallon tank. The babies died cause we didn't have any where to put them. I still haven't told my parents, well my mom, that I was the reason her fish died ;( the Cory cat is a sturdy one I learned. He died just last year and he got along pretty well with our blood parrots. I don't know too much about fish other than that Molly babies become meals to whatever can swallow them, the whole betta courting thing, cichlid compatibility, feeding, breeding, and some other stuff. I just made my dad buy some fish for my room. I got a pregnant black Molly, my bro got a pregnant dalmation, and we also got a tiger (barb?), male silver Molly, and I have no clue what the other guy is-he's orange with a black tail and the bottom of his tail has a point that extends past the fin. I got a net breeder rather than that plastic container we had gotten years ago. I remember the babies were always small enough to swine through the bottom holes and then be in the tank or either got stuck in them. I'm being nice and letting the dalmation use the net instead of my fish. I'm not sure what I'm going to do if the black Molly has her babies :( oh! I'm keeping these fish in a 20 gallon so I plan on feeding some of the babies to my mom's cichlids >:)
Well that is my huge rant about my fish life... :D

Welcome Aboard
30098-albums1142-picture7907.gif

Man I wish I had such a warm welcome! xD welcome to AA! :D

Back
Top Bottom