New to the Forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

denisetschida

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Thanks for having me along.

We have three tanks (one 29 Gal BioCube / salt) with 1 Clown, 1 6-Line Wrasse, 1 Chromis and 1 Yellow Tang (he is a rescue and is making a great comeback). Otherwise, we wouldn't probably have one in this tank. The others are fresh water (72 Gallon with Malawi Cichlids) and a 10 Gallon with two Tanganyikan Brichardi and one Julidochronis ornatus.

The BioCube tank is about 3 years old now and we've finally mastered the light issue.

I look forward to learning more about keeping the "clean up" crew alive and hope one day to be able to support all the layers of the tank. Right now, GSP, Kenya Tree and mushrooms are doing fine.

Thanks all for any help I receive along the way.
denise

Welcome to the forum!

I really hate to harp on it, but that Tang really needs a bigger tank, you will run into issues with him in a 29g for sure. :-( I think it's really cool that you rescued him, and glad he's doing well but in such a small tank stress is bound to happen and he might have some problems. Tangs are the absolute worst when it comes to stress and disease.

I have a malawi tank as well. :) 125g with haps and peacocks.

:welcome:

Glad to have you on the forum! Be sure to visit the various sections of the site for some great information. :)

We know he will have to leave. He was eaten by some giant clowns in a friend's tank. They ate all his fins, his tail and his dorsal "bones" and turned him white from the stress. He's only here until he is better - so far though he has grown back his fins and his tail and has begun to turn a deep yellow again. As soon as he can "travel" we will definitely find him a new home. Thank you for your advise. I really appreciate it.

I'm so glad you're nursing him back to health and looking for a good home for him. :-D Some people would just keep him in there even though it's way too small. lol I've seen people with hippo blue tangs and yellow ones in a biocube with no intention of rehoming. Hard to believe clowns actually got the best of him, my yellow tang is the boss of the tank!

Welcome!!! And awesome job with the tang:D. That's so nice that you're doing that! We're so glad that you're here:welcome:

Thank you!

Thank you for all the well wishes and for your kindness. I look forward to learning a lot from you all and hope maybe I can be of help also. (y)

Back
Top Bottom